6.27.2012
Hola!
Yo peeps. What's new in my life, you ask? Well, I am heading to Belize for the next month and a half. That's what's up. I am currently in the Phoenix airport headed to SLC to spend the evening with three of my favorite ladies before I embark on this crazy, insanely rad journey. I leave at 6am tomorrow morning and am full of random emotions as I don't quite know what to expect.
I am going as a trip leader for a non-profit group called Humanitarian Experience for Youth. I will be hosting three, two and a half week sessions. There are about 19 kids in each trip, who are all excited to serve, learn, grow. While there, we will be building a lunch room onto a small elementary school in the town of Corozal. I our free time we will be traveling the country and experiencing everything wonderful it can offer us.
My chacos and bandanas are packed, my iPad is loaded with music fit to lift any spirit, and I have my pepper spray ready to use against anyone who messes with my kiddos. I hope to be able to feel my own strength and potential challenged as I am put in new circumstances. I want to learn to love deeper and serve harder. But mostly, I am excited to find greater understanding of the strength and beauty of the human spirit through each individual I meet.
It's go time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I looove it. Also, I think I am finally ready to match you in blog activity (though yours will undoubtedly be cooler than mine). Belize!!!
Post a Comment